Time for a Change

Well last night The Hub and I watched a movie and it motivated me to do a fruit and veggie fast! I've been feeling dumpy and out of shape, and haven't been happy with my food choices...and I knew something had to change. I thought this 30 DAY juice challenge would be perfect, because I couldn't make an excuse and eat something that was "healthy" or "not THAT bad". It was either fruit or veggies, so if its not that-I can't have it. So this morning I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got a Breville juicer. This is DAY_1 of the challenge. You can see my current weight below, and I'm only 5'2" so that is tubby for me. Anyway point is, I want to be healthy like I used to be, and I want to lose some pounds!! :) So pros and cons to juicing.

1. Pro, fruit is beautiful!! and smells amazing
2. Con, the juicer is SO messy. boo.
3. Pro, its different and new-so its fun :)
4. Con, its not convenient..I'm already wondering about how I'm going to do lunch at work. My mom suggested freezing the fruit the night before...but the bad thing is, you lose some of the enzymes. Time will tell
5. Pro, I hope to drop a good amount of weight-fast!
6. Con, all I do is think about food lol...i think this is going to be mostly mental
7. Pro, so far the juice i have eaten has filled me up. a lot!
8. Con, No coffee!! NO. COFFEE. ahh!
9. Pro, pretty easy clean up, and no trash...well only fruit peels

Below you can see the fruits and veggies in all their beauty and color...and don't be fooled by the way the juice looks! The veggies were not quite as yummy as the fruit!

The 30 days end on 31 Oct, 2011...so I'll let you know how everything goes.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

this was breakfast...it was pretty good and carrots are surprisingly sweet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

this was dinner, I was NOT happy with it ha ha. it was so pretty looking, but that's about it...I did make the mistake of juicing the beet's leafs... I won't make that mistake again.

Photobucket

I love this biblical reference to healthy eating! Daniel 1:11-15

11 Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.” 14 So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.

15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food.
16 So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.

No comments: